Host – Merrillville, IN
- July 17, 2017
- Posted by: SMI
Duties and Responsibilities
- Suggesting new menu items from our limited time offerings.
- Receiving payment and making correct change.
- Assisting with beverages like bold, signature or flavored coffees.
- Cleaning, completing side work, and organizing supplies as needed.
- Willingly assisting other team members without being asked.
- Providing total guest satisfaction.
- Greets and welcomes all customers immediately upon arrival and verifies number in their party. Determines special needs, e.g., high chairs, special menus.
- Collects payment from customers immediately, in accordance with established cash handling procedures, inquires about food/service satisfaction and handles customer complaints/suggestions appropriately.
- Seats customers at tables/booths appropriate for their needs and those of the restaurant, and introduces feature of the day.
- Keeps hostess area stocked and clean, e.g., to-go items and bakery products.
- Handles incoming telephone calls immediately, and takes to go orders as appropriate.
- Maintains proper supply of clean menus.
- Periodically supplies customers with initial beverage suggestions and provides beverage order and refills.
- Assists service personnel in clearing and setting tables.
- Resolves complaints as he/she becomes aware of them, notifying the manager of any complaints received.
- Assists other service personnel as needed.
Denny’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PFC Classic Dining is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran's status or genetic information, or other protected characteristic.