Reporting to the General Manager, Restaurant Managers are responsible for the supervision of approximately 35 – 55 crew members on a shift and proper execution of the restaurant operations on their shift; to provide guests with a great dining experience, while upholding service and quality standards.
Along with 1 and up to 5 other Restaurant Managers and/or Hourly Supervisor, Restaurant Managers will support the General Manager who has total accountability for the success of the restaurant. Restaurant Managers will be required to work day and night shifts, weekends and holidays as the schedules are rotated.
Additional responsibilities include focus on employee selection and retention, continuous operational improvement, understanding profit and loss statements, operating plans, costs. Restaurant Managers must have a strong commitment to guest satisfaction and exhibit Denny’s Core Values when interacting with others.
Key Business Areas
A “Key Business Area” is an area of performance in which the Restaurant Manager must be successful to meet their accountabilities. Successful results in Denny’s Key Business Areas are supported by the following behaviors or actions:
- Represents PFC Classic Dining and Denny’s Vision, Mission and Core Values
- Willingness to assist others without being asked
- Ability to prepare and interpret financial and operational reports and schedules, analyze data and develop solutions to ensure operating goals are achieved
- Assists the General Manager by overseeing assigned shifts; monitors brand standards execution and adherence by directing hourly staff to achieve guest service standards in a cleanand pleasant environment
- Assists in the achievement of controllable profit goals by monitoring controls and taking corrective action to achieve the desired result
- Develops and coaches hourly employees on brand standards, corporate policies and procedures, and other guest focused programs/activities to meet or exceed guest service standards
- Works with the General Manager to attract, hire, onboard and retain the best hourly talent to meet staffing requirements and guest service standards
- Brings employee relations issues, deviations from brand standards, and other guest issues to the attention of the General Manager; recommends corrections and participates in their execution as required
- Works with the General Manager to develop hourly employees through corporate training programs, individual development plans, and system assignments
- Develops relationships with civic, business, school, and professional organizations to establish good community relations and increase guest counts
- Monitors that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of kitchen, dining areas and restrooms
- Works to create and maintain a enjoyable and respectful environment for our guests and employees
- Maintains compliance with all PFC Classic Dining and Denny’s employment policies and Brand Standards, to include all state, local and federal regulations
- Follows management cash handling, inventory and other operational procedures as outlined in Denny’s Brand Standards
- All other tasks and duties as assigned
Positions are with an independently owned and operated franchisee of DFO, LLC.
Denny’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PFC Classic Dining is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran’s status or genetic information, or other protected characteristic.